Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog Number One: Katie Piper

I am absolutely convinced that my hatred of grammar, punctuation and spelling is because of my horrid eighth grade teacher. Mrs. Swackhamer loved grammar, and therefore I hated it and would not pay attention to any of the lesson. She was the kind of person that enjoyed correcting sentences, effectively interrupting the person in the middle of a presentation, and destroyed their project and self esteem in seconds. She also wore mom jeans (the ones that button above the bellybutton) and had no sense of humor, but I digress. Grammar is one of those subjects that only a few people can truly understand. Not only is it boring, but also very complex, and I just don't care for it. Not really a good outlook on grammar, especially considering how much I have to use it. JMC 2033 would be a lot easier if I suffered through grammar in the eighth grade. But I didn't, so now I have to in my junior year of college. Grammar is by far the hardest thing in this class for me. Spelling is fine, except for a few tricky words that catch me off guard. Punctuation would be easier if the semicolon didn't exist, but that's life. Who vs whom, has vs have, I mean seriously, did we just make the english language this hard to be snobby? Sometimes I feel like I could switch over to Spanish writing and I would have an easier time with it.

1 comment:

M. Barnes said...

Eventually it will all be old hat.