GLAAD.org is exactly what I hoped for: colorful, interesting, and full of information. This website intrigues me to no end because of how great the community is. They have events listed on this website, places you can donate to their charities and foundations, discussion boards that you can vent your feelings or just go to talk to people. It's fantastic. And while I am not gay, I appreciate the sense of welcome that a website like this has to offer.
The media on GLAAD.org is beneficial to all people who read it. For reporters looking to find a story on gay/lesbian issues, this is the place to go. Updated frequently, this site can give you all of the information you need on the subject. And if it doesn't have the exact thing you are looking for on the website, they provide links to other stories and websites around the internet to help you get what you need.
Mass media is always changing, and a tool like this that specializes in one area can impact so many things. I know that the GLAAD organization has put on events, awards shows and so many more things that help the gay and lesbian community. This website gives them a voice, represents their feelings and their joy and anger from world issues concerning their community.
I think that it is so important that journalists and really, all members of society to respect and even join in on the movement to give everyone a voice, and this website clearly shows the steps that people have taken to fight for equality to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment