Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blog Four Katie Piper

Sweet Disposition. Ever heard of that song? It's stuck in my head.


Anyways, writing journalistically rather than writing academically is more my style. Actually, not really. Writing the way that I speak to people is more my style, but I use too much slang to be a broadcast news writer. But writing journalistically is new, more exciting, and definitely more of a challenge than what I thought it was going to be. In my head, writing journalistically makes me go over every article in the newspaper or magazine (Vogue, of course) that I have ever read. I want to sound important. I want to sound like I know exactly what I am talking about. But most importantly, I want to put my own spin on everything. Writing academically didn't take any real brain power that I consider useful. Writing academically is the autopilot for writing. It doesn't make me ask questions or think of how I could spice up something. Journalistic writing is something that I can be creative with, but I also have some boundaries to work with. And while I don't especially enjoy boundaries, I like a challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD SONG!