The last class I took that taught grammar was over 14 years ago. Well, not really, but my high school English class was taught by a less than adequate teacher and that was my sophomore year in high school. My Composition classes for college were all pretty much a joke, taught in an outreach center for a local community college, the instructor was nice and all but no real skills were taught. Technically, the last time I took a grammar class that I learned and retained anything at all was last semester, when I took JMC 0123. The first time I took the LST I scored a 56% and figured I wouldn't even try a second time because I didn't believe my score would improve by much. That should give you some idea about the challenges I faced with grammar. I enrolled in Fundamentals of Writing for Mass Media and refreshed and relearned what I had forgotten so long ago. I passed the LST with a considerably better grade and here I am, in JMC 2033 where those skills will be put to the test.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment