Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Grammar Stammer (Tuan Nguyen - Blog #1)

In terms of grammar, spelling, punctuation, all the rules and nitpicky things with the English language, I would have to say it's the little things to nip me in the butt. High school could not have hoped to fully prepare me for this. And even though I have broken through the language barriers as a Vietnamese-American, my understanding of grammar still remains muddy. Even though I am a prolific writer with a 450+ page finished--and dreadfully unedited--novel, there is still so, so much that I have to learn about grammar and writing styles--it's MIND-BOGGLING! I still struggle with who versus whom, the correct spelling of "judgment," and my own writing style conflicting with AP (and the multitude of others I will probably learn later on). But as an aspiring professional writer, it all comes with practice, and that's what I plan to do. Practice.

Here's to grammar, spelling, punctuation, and the English language in hopes that they will not totally kick my ass in the near future. :]

1 comment:

M. Barnes said...

Tell us about your novel.