Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog number 1 Richard Immel

The challenges of writing are quite complex. Correct usage of grammar rules is the most difficult challenge I face as a writer. My problem is not applying the rules correctly, but simply remembering the rules is challenging. There are entirely to many grammar rules in the English language that, quite frankly, those who speak other languages have no idea about. It is often said that English is the hardest second language to learn, and I can see why. All the different rules just boggle my brain: Who or whom, has or have, this or that, and on and on. Why does English have to be so difficult? As much as it pains me to say it, I think all of us English speakers should have taken a page from the French when it comes to creating a language. The simpler the better.

No comments: