Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Slaying the grammar dragon (blog #1, Patrick Engleman)



My time among the rules of grammar has been plagued by my aversion to it. Like many others of my generation I have felt a deep rift between us, grammar and I. It has been an arduous road indeed. The challenges are very real and the danger is palatable at every turn. My mis-steps have turned into tumbles down the great ravine that is the English language.

I am the slayer and this keyboard is my sword. This summer I have embarked on a quest for glory. I vow to slay this beast who has haunted my every waking hour for the past twenty-seven years. I shall bring it to its' knees with one "snicker-snack" from my vorpal-keystroke.

3 comments:

M. Barnes said...

Indeed, you has a grammar.

KAK said...

We look to you, Patrick, to save the day!

Patrick Engleman said...

I'll try to. Hopefully I don't fall on my own sword. Err, pen rather, crap...keyboard.